June 20, 2010

Movie Time: Hedwig and the Angry Inch


Hedwig



Origin of Love

Hedwig and the Angry Inch is a 2001 American musical film based on the stage musical of the same title about a fictional rock and roll band fronted by an East German transsexual singer. The film was adapted and directed by John Cameron Mitchell, who also portrayed the title role. The music and lyrics are by Stephen Trask.

The musical has gathered a devoted cult following similar to that of The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

In 2001, the film won the Best Director and Audience Awards at the Sundance Film Festival as well as Best Directorial Debut from the National Board of Review, the Gotham Awards, and the Los Angeles Film Critics Association. Mitchell received a Golden Globe nomination for Best Actor and the Premiere magazine "Performance of the Year Award".


This is a great movie. I love it especially the songs and the story itself.

I heard this movie from a Korean friend 2 years ago. I was looking for this movie and I can`t find it anywhere. Luckily one of my friend here in Japan got a original copy of it and he lend it to me.

He was greatly inspired and influenced by this movie.

While watching the film I can see Bill Kaulitz a singer from one of my favorite band Tokio Hotel.

They both like David Bowie.



This about rock and roll.

The essence of Love and Life.

No comments: