8.9 Magnitude hit Japan.
I`m really glad that I`m living in Akita. There`s no big destruction here in our city but still I`m really sad to see those victims of this tragic happening.
These are my firsthand experience with Mother Nature.
- My first ever earthquake with a magnitude of 8.9!
- None stop aftershocks from time to time. I kept waking up in the middle of the night because of this. It`s really scary.
- Two days of total blackout.
- There`s no cellular signals.No communications
- There are no generators.
- Not enough water because everything we had in the house are run by electricity.
- No candles.
- No heater for a night and the bad thing about that it`s still snowing here and terribly cold.
I may say that most of the people here were not that prepared when it comes to blackout they didn`t really expect it to happen because for them there is no such thing as blackout. We are also one of them. Every houses here in Japan were run by electricity from stoves, heaters, water pumps and even gasoline stations. That was the bad side of it. No matter how hightech you are you can`t use them in this kind of situation. We can`t really fight our Mother nature. All we can do is stop for awhile and pray for those people who were affected by this natural calamity.
This is not just another coming soon movie to watch,
this is the REAL thing!
Let`s continue praying for Japan.
Image via here